Thursday, April 25, 2019

Southwest Third-Graders Tell Life Stories in Pictures

Southwest is one of three elementary schools participating in a photo story show in the Arts District.

To read the story, go to Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools

Here are pictures and comments from some of the students:


Jessica Petree teaches third grade in the HAG (Highly Academically Gifted) program at Southwest Elementary.

Here are some of the things her students had to say:

Trey Crews: “It’s been a lot of fun. I like seeing what kind of places people see every day. We see some of the same things every day but most of them are different.”

Caroline Hawkins: “I’ve learned about a lot of different places.” 

Emma Sayers: “I learned about a lot of different places. At first, I thought that just the big cities were important, but then I looked around and saw a lot of monuments and other places. I thought big cities like Chicago and Los Angeles had all the cool stuff.”

James Tuttle: “I learned that sometimes what you think isn’t always the right decision and people can have different lives than you.” 








1 comment: