Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Gibson Elementary Is Fox 8 Teacher of the Week

Robin Donnelly, who is the pre-kindergarten teacher at Gibson Elementary School, has been selected as Fox 8's Educator of the Week.

“She is an awesome teacher worthy of being the Educator of the Week 100 times over,” said Principal Jeff Maglio.

Here’s what Donnelly had to say:

“I entered the teaching profession as an EC assistant and later became a kindergarten assistant (Clemmons Elementary) before returning to school at Salem to get my B-K teaching license. I then worked as a kindergarten teacher at Old Town and Latham before becoming Gibson’s first pre-k teacher around 8 years ago.

“I used to think that my major responsibility was to teach letters and numbers, but I now realize my most important job is to help children improve their self-regulation skills. Giving children the skills to work with others as well as solve their own problems are crucial for success. I live for the ‘light bulb moments’ – those times when children are successful using a skill or begin to understand a concept.”

To see the Fox 8 story about Donnelly, go to Fox 8

No comments:

Post a Comment