Friday, March 8, 2013

East Forsyth High Students Participate in Mock Trial Competition

Front row: Jalan Grey, Ethan Wallace, Haley Smith - Back row: Evan Smith, Lucas Harbour, Brittany Burns, Spencer Richardson
Last month, members of the East Forsyth High School Mock Trial Team competed against other schools at the N.C. Advocates for Justice High School Mock Trial Competition.

Brittany Burns told reporter Linda Payne of the Kernersville News that she particularly liked playing the role of a prosecutor because it required her to think on her feet.

“You never knew when the other team was going to object to your argument, so it forced you to look at the case from a different perspective,” Burns told Payne. “I thought of a new way to argue my point during each round just by listening to what others had to say.”

Jennifer Watson, who teaches civics at East Forsyth and serves as the Law Club sponsor, said, “I am really proud of them and the confidence they showed. I don’t think I would have been able to handle that pressure when I was 16 or 17 years old.”

You will find Payne’s story in the March 7 edition of the Kernersville News. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment